In the April issue of Compendium magazine, Danielle Walton of Adept Marketing helps dental professionals take the guesswork out of marketing their practice by presenting a clear case on why investing in their website and online marketing initiatives trumps social media engagement when generating new patients.
In short, investing in time-consuming social media initiatives does not benefit dental practices as they strive to attract new patients. Adept outlines a smarter way to invest and track marketing dollars that get results.
Attracting new patients through targeted internet marketing
Together Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) comprise what’s known as search engine marketing (SEM) and it can accomplish what social media can’t – attracting new patients online with measurable results. Here’s what Adept has done for dental practices seeking to grow their client base and can do for you as part of your strategic SEM campaign:
Search Engine Optimization
- Align your value-added website content and page tags with the terms patients consistently type into search engines to find you.
- Adjust or build a new website to leverage your practice’s messages, services, products and location.
- Monitor key search terms and make necessary adjustments to get your practice to rise steadily in search engine rankings and get noticed by prospective patients.
- Leverage your search functionality by placing targeted ads before individuals who are searching for dental services in your area.
- Develop and place cost-effective ads on search engines such as Google that will direct potential patients to your practice.
Loren M. Petry, D.D.S., operates a family dentistry practice in Northeast Ohio. In the spring of 2009 he began working with Adept Marketing on a strategic SEM campaign. During a nine-month period, Dr. Petry invested $11,500 to have his website optimized and monitored while simultaneously launching a pay-per-click campaign. The campaign generated more than 150 new patients with an ROI of 800 percent.